1/22/2017

Ijebu School Nursing Form: How I Got Scammed

I was surfing the web few days ago when i came across a post by an "Admin" on this website (www.ijebu-ode.adsafrica.com.ng) about Ijebu school nursing form. I quickly copied the contacts there and gave the first a call. I called him to confirm if the form was truly out and the closing date. Then he replied that it was closing the same day at 3:30pm, i should take N7,500 with me to first bank and when i get there i should give him a call.
I doubted his authenticity so i called the second contact not knowing they are both working together.

Our conversation goes thus
"Hello sir, this is **** from ikorodu, i'm calling to inquire about Ijebu's nursing form and the closing date cos i just called someone who told me it's closing by 3:30pm"
Then the man replied
"My daughter, don't mind that man o, he's a 419 and i'm the real Admin. I'm going to send the account number of our co-ordinator to you now so send the N7,500 there before 3pm so as to go do the registration for you"
I must confess, i swallowed all what he said cos he sounded responsible and also like someone in his late 50s.

He instantly inboxed me on whatsapp and we started chatting.

I ran helter skelter for the money which i was able to borrow from a friend with my second phone as collateral. I sent it to the account number he gave me
"SCHOOL CO-ORDINATOR'S ACCOUNT NAME: DR OTEDOLA KOLAWOLE. ACCOUNT NUMBER 3110811580. FIRST BANK PLC"

After doing that, we started chatting and he asked me to send my waec result and passport which i did.

Along the line, i asked when i should come to Ijebu Ode to submit my form and he said he has done it for me. I asked for the examination date and he replied "My dear, so you don't know there is no written examination? This year's admission will be given based on your O'level result"
I was so surprised
Then he said "My daughter, admission process here is 25k and i will collect nothing up to that cuz you're my daughter" I then called a friend who told me that the school has been closed few years ago. It was then that it dawned on me that i've been duped! When he also realised that i've gotten his scope, he blocked me on Whatsapp. I called him the next day with another number and when he recognized my voice, he ended the call and blocked me. My friend gave him a call and he promised to refund and ended the call afterwards. He then blocked him too. He hasn't sent the money o! Please help me identify this scammer

His number
08060588319
The number he sent his account number with
08106644747

The first number i called.
07037433010






,,,,

source-nairaland.com

SHARE THIS

0 comments:

Make sure you comment below, share your thought, feel free to ask us anything, we will reply immediately
Thank you for being part of gistlife