1/04/2018

SPORT:Mourinho dismisses Man Utd exit talk

Jose mourinho

Jose Mourinho has dismissed reports he may walk out on Manchester United this summer as “ garbage ”, saying he sees himself staying long - term at the Premier League giants .
The United boss was in defiant mood when quizzed about his future ahead of Friday ’ s FA Cup tie with Derby , with morning reports saying club officials fear he is disenchanted with life at the club.
“ Look, it depends on what you want to know and what you want to speak about , ” Mourinho said. “ If you want to speak about some news , I say ‘ garbage ’ . I don ’ t find a better word to define the talk .
“ If you want to ask me directly , which I suppose you want , if I see myself next season in Manchester United , I say I see myself here . And, as I said when I arrived , I ’ m going to leave when the club wants me to leave, because I have no intention to leave at all .
“ My intention is to stay, and to work and to improve and to bring the club to where the club belongs and I want to stay . And I don’ t see any reason not to stay. ”
Mourinho has looked an unhappy figure in recent weeks as United ’ s title bid has faltered and they suffered a shock League Cup exit at Championship side Bristol City .
There have been suggestions that Mourinho has been disappointed at the relative lack of spending power at his disposal , claims which he also denied.
And Mourinho was upset at suggestions that his decision to live in a hotel , rather than buying a home in Manchester , is a sign of a lack of professionalism or commitment to the job .
“ Speaking about my work and connecting my work to the garbage news is to say that the worst thing anyone can do to myself , is not to say that I am a bad manager , is not to say that I am under -performing or that I made a mistake in this game or that game , the worst thing someone can do is put one inch of doubt about my professionalism , my dedication to my club , to my job , to my players , ” he said.
“ So yes, the garbage news affected me just on this aspect because it’ s something I don ’ t admit . ”
– New deal –
Mourinho is in early talks over a contract extension with executive vice chairman Ed Woodward and believes he will remain beyond his current deal . The basic three- year contract ends in the summer of 2019 , although the club holds a one - year option to extend .
The United boss also defended himself against suggestions he may have lost his passion for the intense world of top - level football .
“ Because I don’ t behave as a clown, it means I ’ ve lost my passion ?” said Mourinho
“ I prefer to behave as I am , more mature, better for myself and the team . You don ’t have to behave like a crazy guy . It ’ s not what you do in front of the cameras. ”
United expect to welcome back forward Romelu Lukaku after he suffered a suspected concussion against Southampton last week for the Friday evening cup tie with Derby .



SHARE THIS

Author:

0 comments:

Make sure you comment below, share your thought, feel free to ask us anything, we will reply immediately
Thank you for being part of gistlife